Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tea Shoppe ~ Mojo Monday237

Stampin' Up!'s list of retiring stamp sets have been posted!  Time is running out; they will be gone after May 31st.  


Shop for Stampin' Up! products in my on-line store 24/7 HERE.


This week's Mojo Monday has a fun sketch challenge to try.


I thought a trio of dancing teacups would be the perfect centerpiece for this card.


Each teacup was stamped separately (I used painter's tape to mask off the other cups) so that I got a better image than I would have using markers.  This also allows for a wider margin to center the 1-3/8" circle punch just so.

The Marina Mist strip has a torn edge and adds just a little color.  The 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon is one of my favorite ribbons.  It is easy to get a nice knot in this width and texture.

Stamps:  Tea Shoppe (125545 [W]; 125547[C]), Kindness Matters (122900 [W]; 122902 [C])
Ink:  Perfect Plum, Marina Mist, Regal Rose
Paper:  Naturals White, Perfect Plum, Sahara Sand, Marina Mist, Whisper White
Accessories:  Perfect Plum 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon (122987), Basic Rhinestones (119246), Dimensionals (104430)
Tools:  Finial Press Embossing Folder (115963), Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (117335), Scallop Edge Border Punch (119882), Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309)

On a personal note, I lost my beautiful 10 year old Bernese Mountain Dog yesterday.  She was ravaged by an aggressive cancerous tumor that came on so quickly, I can hardly believe that just 3 months ago she acted perfectly normal.  She was so good with the children and so very sweet and gentle.  A wonderful dog and companion.  Goodbye my loyal friend.


My Bernese used to lay nearby as I sat at my desk making cards.  She liked to lay right where I would need to walk.  I was constantly stepping over her (a big step it was!) to get to my paper cutter.  I think she did it on purpose so that I wouldn't forget she was near.

Creating is good for the soul.  Create something of beauty.  Create Something Fun.

Renae

1 comment:

  1. Just finding your sweet blog...Noticed your picture at the top of your blog with your sweet loyal friend...
    I know you miss her so much...She was loved so much and she knew that. You will see her again...She will wait for you by the bridge~
    My daughter and her husband just got an Australian Shepard with these markings...
    I'm thinking of you....

    ReplyDelete