Friday, April 27, 2012

For Mom


Stampin' Up! has posted the lists of retiring stamps sets and accessories early this year!  Click on the picture above (and scroll down) to find the lists.   Get them before their gone!

Featured below is a stamp set that will be retiring on May 31st.  I like this set, because it has nice words for the inside of your card.  They work for both Mother's day or Father's Day, as well as birthday or just because.  I am hoping for more word sets in the new 2012-13 catalog that are versatile.  (I am pretty picky when it comes to words).


Need a little something to hold a pair of earrings, a bracelet or some yummy chocolates?  Add a matching Petite Purse with a treasure inside!  I showed this purse in a recent post using the same package of DSP (hostess option in the current catalog)  Love this paper!  In this purse, I have added a scallop on the edge of the flap.  So cute!


To make the flower, I used two flowers punched from the Fancy Flower Punch (118073) in Melon Mambo, one full flower in Concord Crush and one inside flower in Bashful Blue, both from the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch (122464), which is also retiring, and a Lucky Limeade Designer Printed Brad from the In Color pack (122940).  I worked each flower between my fingers to break down the fibers and shape the petals, then used the paper piercing tool to poke the hole for the brad.  It is adhered to the card with a dimensional.


Stamps:  Messages For Mom (117016 [W]; 118580 [C])
Ink:  Concord Crush
Paper:  Bashful Blue, Melon Mambo, Concord Crush, Cheerful Treat DSP (hostess selection)
Accessories:  Metallic Brads (119741), In Color Designer Printed Brads (122940), Bashful Blue 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon (Retired, 5/8" Satin on retiring accessories list!), Dimensionals (104430)
Tools:  Large Tag (119876) & Ex-Large Tag (119866) Punches, Fancy Flower Punch (118073), Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch (122464), Paper Piercing Tool (116631) & Mat Pack (105826)

I have so many ladies who have come to my classes express their joy at being able to sit and create beautiful cards with me.  Some say it is "so relaxing" and it fills that creative need in each of us.  Take time for yourself today and Create Something Fun!

Shop my on-line store HERE 24/7.

Thanks for stopping in!

Renae

No comments:

Post a Comment