Saturday, November 5, 2011

Taffeta Hydrangea Pin

Don't you just love the colors in this hydrangea pin?  To me, it looks like a blue bloom that has been left on the bush and starting to dry.  I have been making flowers for my neighbor friend as accessories for the beautiful scarfs she makes.  She was involved in a craft boutique this weekend, so I have been making quite a few flowers.


To make this, I used several of the 5 petal flowers from the Island Floral Die (118871).  I melted the edges, folded them in fourths, and sewed the florets in place on one flat flower as the base.  On the back I tacked on a circle of taffeta cut from the second smallest circle on the Circles #2 Die (114526) before stitching on a pin.


This is another style that I have been making for awhile.  The Antique Brads make a quick and easy center, but I sometimes use tiny beads instead.  Some are pins and some are clips.  The circles are cut out using the Circles #2 Die, and all four sizes are used in each flower.

Shop Stampin' Up! HERE

Take time for yourself today and create something fun!

Renae

No comments:

Post a Comment