Thursday, September 29, 2011

Vintage Amour

One of the great things about being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is receiving the Stampin' Success Magazine mailed monthly to all demonstrators for free.  It has articles and beautiful photos of ideas as well as tips on running your business.  This is my version of a card seen in the August 2011 issue.


I love the vintage look.  This card really appealed to me because of the Eiffel Tower from one of my favorite sets, and the Vintage Trinkets, which I had never used before (those tiny buttons are really brads!)  I also liked the use of the First Edition DSP, which is so popular right now.

To get the halo around the Eiffel Tower, I stamped the image on a scrap piece of paper and cut it out, leaving a border, to cover the one stamped on the Rose Red.  I then stamped the En Francais stamp over the "mask" in Rose Red ink.  The polka dot strip was sanded on the edges to give it a worn look and then daubed in spots along the edges.

Stamps:  Artistic Etchings (118517 [W]; 120573 [C] ), En Francais (109521)
Ink:  Rose Red, Early Espresso, More Mustard, Old Olive
Paper:  Early Espresso, Rose Red, Very Vanilla, Subtles Patterns DSP Stack (117152), First Edition Specialty DSP (121878)
Accessories:  Rose Red 1/2" Seam Binding (121884), Vintage Trinkets (118764), Dimensionals (104430)
Tools:  2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch (118874), 1-3/4" Circle Punch (119850), Designer Sanding Blocks (124304), Sponge Dauber (102892)

For more information about becoming a demonstrator and joining my team click HERE.

To shop Stampin' Up! 24/7 click HERE.

Take some time today to create something fun!

Renae

No comments:

Post a Comment