Sunday, December 11, 2011

Embossed Christmas Poinsettia

There are so many fun projects to make at Christmas time!  This is an idea I saw and LOVED last year, and I just had to try it.



I don't know who came up with it first, but the one I saw was by Gretchen Barron.  I have updated the tag to a current stamp, and used a different color combo, but other than that, I didn't change anything.  Why mess with perfection?

To make this gorgeous poinsettia, I used the small leaf from French Foliage.  I stamped with Cherry Cobbler Ink on Riding Hood Red card stock 13 times and cut out each leaf.  I punched a 1-1/4" circle and arranged seven of the leaves around it.  Then a face down inking in VersaMark followed by a dusting of Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, (along with some help from my heat gun), and the bottom layer was finished.  The remaining 6 leaves were individually embossed, then arrange over the base, each attached with a dimensional.  The Very Vanilla card stock was run through the Big Shot with the Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder to compliment the big poinsettia.  Always Artichoke 1/2" Seam Binding makes it into an elegant "present".

Stamps:   French Foliage (120845 [W]; 121166 [C] ), Bells & Boughs (120831 [W]; 121142 [C] )
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, VersaMark
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder (101930), Basic Pearls (119247), Always Artichoke 1/2" Seam Binding (121000), Dimensionals (104430)
Tools:  Heat Tool (100005), Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder (116824), Big Shot

Take time to enjoy the holiday season and create something fun.

Shop Stampin' Up! from my online store 24/7 HERE.

Renae

No comments:

Post a Comment