Monday, January 16, 2012

Be My Valentine

I've always liked Valentine's Day.  In grade school, I loved opening my "mail" in my Valentine bag.  As a mother, I've searched for cute little Valentine's for my own children to give, and became extremely disappointed at the ridiculous little character Valentines that fold with a little sticker to hold them closed.  What fun is that?  I like a real envelope with a real Valentine inside.  (Maybe a little treat tucked in too.) Because of this, I have been making Valentines with my kids long before I started stamping.   Now it is even easier with all the fun tools and stamps available from Stampin' Up!



This 3" x 3"Love Note card, is quite simple to make.  The red heart is stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I did this on a 2-1/8" x 2" rectangle so that when I punched it out with the Full Heart Punch, I could position the roses before I punched.  I punched a small heart (117193) out of the scrap to decorate the inside of the card.  The bottom edge of the card is embossed with the heart strip from the Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folders (Occasions Mini 2012), and Cupid is ready with his arrow in the background, stamped in VersaMark.

Stamps:  P.S. I Love You (125460 [W]; 125462 [C]), Elements of Style (118611 [W]; 120045 [C])
Ink:  VersaMark, Basic Gray
Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
Accessories:  Clear Embossing Powder (109130), Dimensionals (104430)
Tools:  Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folders (125601), Full Heart Punch (119883),
Heat Tool (100005)

Shop my Stampin' Up! online store HERE 24/7.

Take time for yourself and Create Something Fun today!

Renae

No comments:

Post a Comment